105 Point Street, Saltsburg, PA 15681
Built in 1830
1911 - 1994
Rebecca "Beckie" Hadden and her husband, Dr. Thomas M. Hadden, moved to Saltsburg in 1937. Her husband set up his medical practice in their home on Salt Street which continued over four decades. Beckie was a history teacher and a substitute teacher in Saltsburg and other nearby school districts for a number of years.
Her keen interest in history contributed to her becoming a founding member of the local historical society in 1964. Under her leadership, the society acquired the stone house and transformed it into a museum. The stone house officially opened as a museum in September 1969. During the June 1993 Canal Days weekend, the museum was renamed the Rebecca B. Hadden Stone House Museum in her honor.