The Saltsburg Stone House Museum has a variety of resources available for researching information about the Saltsburg area, its past residents, and newsworthy events. Items in the collection include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clarence Stephenson's History of Indiana County (5 volumes)
- 2 volume set History of Indiana County
- 1871 Atlas of Indiana County
- Video tour of the Altman Mill given by the owner, George Altman (CD)
- Editions of The Saltsburg Press from the 1870's to the 1950's (on microfilm and available on a thumb drive)
- Saltsburg High School Yearbooks, a complete collection from 1928 to 2020
- Saltsburg Area Historical Society Newsletters
- Salt in the Conemaugh Valley by Dr. William Dzombak
Researchers have the option of conducting their own research at the Museum or of having a Museum member complete the research for them. Copies of articles or photos can also be obtained. The fee schedule for research and copies is listed below.
- "Do-it-yourself" research at the Museum - $3 per day session
- Research by a Museum Member - $25 for the first hour; $20 for each additional hour; $5 discount for SAHS Members
- Research by a Museum Member for 1 item, i.e., an obituary or photo - $5; $1 for SAHS Members
Charge for Copies using the Museum scanner/printer - 25 cents per copy
Suggested Time for Research: Wednesdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.